Oh, how we are caught off guard by the holidays every year. They seem so far off all year long, then, just like that, they're here. I am among those of you who have done very little shopping so far. My family tends to keep gift giving simple around the holidays, so I don't have a super long list. But there are definitely a few things I need to pick up between now and the end of the week when I hop on a plane. How about you? Still on the lookout for a few, or perhaps quite a few, gifts?
If there's a food lover on your list, I hope you'll keep the 'Rind in mind. Whether the lucky recipient is near or far, we've got you covered!Here are a few gift ideas for your favorite curd nerd...
- A wedge or round of a special cheese like Rush Creek Reserve or Rogue River Blue. Taste bud bliss.
- Basket of local goodies: Bathtub Gin amazing fruit spreads, honey, Olive and Sinclair chocolate. Happiness.
- A Bloomy Rind gift certificate. Let 'em pick out their faves for themselves. (Porter Road Butcher also has gift certificates available!)
- A subscription to Culture Magazine. Order online then pick up a hard copy at the shop to wrap and give. (Use code 'holiday' for a discount)
- Cheese books. I filtered the list down a bit to hopefully make it quick and easy.
- A beer and cheese class. There are two planned through USN's Evening Class program: one each at Jackalope (#454) and Yazoo (#451).
- Or blow their minds with a combination of these treats!