Friday, June 24, 2011

Awesome new cheeses this week





Consider Bardwell Farm Rupert: 29 lbs o' heaven

Heyheyhey,

I've got some new cheeses in this week that I'm pretty darn excited about. The first two are from Consider Bardwell Farm in Vermont, where I took a cheesemaking class about a year and a half ago. What a beautiful place to learn about cheese, eh? On hand this weekend are Dorset, a buttery, pungent washed rind cheese, and Rupert, an aged Alpine style cheese that I recall adoring and can't wait to cut into today. **Update: I cut into both of them, and they are mighty tasty!**


Twig Farm Washed Rind

Twig Farm Washed Rind cheese is another new one for me. I've tasted some of their other cheeses, but this is my first encounter with this rustic cow and goat milk beauty. It's super creamy inside, so it will be interesting how I manage to portion it out. Hmmm...


Jasper Hill Farm Constant Bliss

And from one of our favorite cheesemakers, Jasper Hill Farm, I just received Moses Sleeper and Constant Bliss, two of their lovely softer cheeses that are new to the 'Rind. As a fun surprise, I got some late in the season Winnimere in all its bacon-y, creamy, slightly stinky delightfulness. When this Winnimere is gone, it's gone 'til next year!

A little closer to home, Ellington and Chocolate Lab from Looking Glass Creamery are back in stock, along with plenty o' sheeps milk goodies from Knoxville's Locust Grove Farm.

And soooo much more!

The week's schedule for the cheese stand...
Saturday: Nashville Farmers Market (10a-2p)
Tuesday: NFM's Centennial Park Market (3-6p, under the event shelter near the airplane)
Wednesday: East Nashville Farmers Market (3:30-6:30p)
And everyday at Provence in Hillsboro Village

As always, please drop me a note if you'd like me to hold something for you or if you have any special requests. kathleen(at)thebloomyrind(dot)com

Cheers,
Kathleen

No comments:

Post a Comment