Thursday, April 28, 2011

What's happening at the 'Rind?

Hey cheese gang,

First things first: a little schedule change for folks who usually visit the stand on Saturdays... due to the Country Music Marathon route pretty much blocking access to the NFM for most of the morning, I will *not* be set up at all Saturday. But...this Friday (tomorrow) brings another fabulous and festive Night Market at the Nashville Farmers' Market. Look for The Bloomy Rind stand *inside* the Market House, probably fairly close to where I've been set up the past few times. And happily I'll have a couple of helpers with me this Friday!

If any of you would like to pre-order your cheese to pick up at Night Market, I'll be happy to have it ready for ya. Just send me an email by Friday at noon with a list of which cheeses you would like and your contact info. Pieces are typically around 4 ounces (1/4 lb) each, so please specify if you want any larger sizes/quantities. Check the blog for a list of this week's cheeses, and drop me a note if you have any questions.

I'm excited to present a couple new offerings from a new-ish family owned dairy in Idaho called Lark's Meadow. They are making both sheep and cows' milk cheeses, and I have some of each on hand this week. Oh, and I'm getting a couple more wheels of Winnimere in this week, so grab some while it's here! So much great cheese, so little time. :)


Mother's Day is around the corner
Nothin' says "I love ya, Mom" quite like the gift of cheese. Okay, well maybe a trip to Hawaii or some shiny bling says it a liiiittle bit better. Otherwise, cheese is totally the way to go! I'd love to put together the perfect cheesy gift basket for Mom or a delicious cheese plate for your Mother's Day brunch.


Go Southern cheese!
Tennessee and Southern cheese got a little national attention this week on a cheese centric radio show called "Cutting the Curd." Host Anne Saxelby, owner of New York's Saxelby Cheesemongers and all around cheese guru, interviewed Jim and Gayle Tanner of Bonnie Blue Farm and yours truly. This was a particular treat for me because Saxelby Cheesemongers, which features a selection of artisanal Northeastern cheeses, was key in inspiring my vision for the 'Rind. So if you have a few minutes, give it a listen and lemme know whatcha think.


East Nash Market: Wed, May 11th
Please plan to join us May 11th as the East Nashville Farmers' Market kicks off its summer season with a slew of grand opening festivities! Support local growers, producers and small businesses each week. Wednesdays, 3:30-6:30pm.


And make your reservations now for our Meet the Cheesemaker Dinner on Thursday, June 23rd, at Tayst Restaurant! It promises to be a unique and memorable meal celebrating the delicious creations of three fabulous Tennessee cheesemakers.

I hope to see you all at a market soon! Until then, eat cheese and be merry. :)

Cheers,
Kathleen
kathleen(at)thebloomyrind(dot)com

No comments:

Post a Comment