Monday, May 3, 2010

Welcome to The Bloomy Rind! (orig posted 4/7/10)

Greetings, lovers of cheese. This Saturday will be the debut of The Bloomy Rind at the Nashville Farmers' Market! A few quick notes to get us started:

First, I'll be out in one of the farm sheds along with the local farmers, bakers, crafting folks, etc. Each and every Saturday, unless I'm away procuring more delicious cheese for you. I'll be sure to post any schedule changes.

Since I'm working within a limited space, my selection will be limited and vary from week to week. I'm thinking 10 - 12 cheeses per week for now. Hopefully there will be enough choices that everyone finds cheeses they dig, and I'll switch 'em up so you can try lots of different cheeses over the course of the next few months. I will do my best to post descriptions and even photos of my offerings for that week, so you can have an idea of what to expect or let me know of any special requests.

I'm selecting all American-made cheeses for now. This is for a couple of reasons: 1) We have some damn fine cheese being made here in the US of A. 2) I love love love ordering cheese directly from the folks who make it. They know and care about their cheese like no one else, so what better source of information about the cheese, including really specific details about their farming and cheesemaking practices. I think it's nice to know what I'm eating. And 3) I love the fact that we're supporting farmers and food systems in this country, especially in tough times. By buying from producers who make great products in a sustainable and healthy fashion, we're asking them to please keep on keepin' on!

At this time, I can only take cash and checks. There is an ATM inside the market house in case you forget one or both.

The cheese will be cut and wrapped already due to health department guidelines. Mostly, portions will be in the range of 1/4 to 1/3 lb. If you'd like a larger portion of one or more cheeses, please just send me an email (kathleen@thebloomyrind.com), and I'll be happy to accommodate.

I'm very excited to bring more cheese to Nashville and look forward to many a cheese chat with you! See ya Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment